Autobiographical Resume

Employment

Event Coordinator, Advancement, Thompson Rivers University January- June 2019 (Maternity Leave Coverage)

• Coordinate Fall and Spring convocation ceremonies, working with the Office of the President and Office of the Provost; includes organizing platform parties, gowning rooms, audio visual for live streaming, supervising campus volunteers and coordinating the convocation program and writing the book of words used to run the ceremony.

• Plan, organize and execute over 50 major events per year both on and off campus including fundraising events, government funding and research announcements, town halls, donor major gift announcements, awards ceremony and department events.

• Required to attend over 50 major events per year.

• Identifies, trains, coordinates and monitors volunteers for all events, programs and committees; participates in development of annual plans in conjunction with volunteer committees and contractors.

• Coordinates the involvement of internal service providers including, but not limited to, Marketing and Communications, Media Services, Facilities, campus food services and conference services to deliver requirements for events.

• Manage all vendor and service provider relationships, invoicing and correspondence.

• Coordination and supervision of contracted event and management service companies to ensure all external events profile the University in a professional and positive manner to the public and in the media.

• Monitor and assist all Faculties, Schools and Departments on campus in organizing events to ensure events are executed with high quality, consistency and to ensure protocols are met

• Establish and manage guest lists, workflow and budget for all events.

• Provides on-site inspections on and off the TRU campus, monitors services for events, including room set-up, menu, equipment needs and overall venue appearance; liaises with Ancillary Services, outside contractors, BC Government and Federal Government agencies including MP, MLA, Premier and Prime Ministers offices.

• Coordinates the establishment and maintenance of standards, formats, policies and processes for developing invitation and guest lists, issuing invitations, accepting and recording replies/registrations, creating event itinerary and content, preparation of remarks, pre-event briefings and debriefings.

• Attends meetings of the Alumni and Friends Association, Sports Task Force Board, Foundation Board of Directors, and other Alumni, Sports Task Force, Foundation volunteer committees as appropriate.

• Coordinates with internal and external partners the designing of marketing programs, advertising and promotional materials for approval by the Vice President, Advancement and prepares marketing materials and invitations to various events.

• In collaboration with the Director, Media Relations and Communications, identifies and implements effective communication and media relation strategies and tactics with respect to ceremonies and events.

• Works with the Office of the President, Government Office’s and internal departments (event specific) to compile invitation lists for each event based upon the identified objectives of the event.

• Maintains resource materials including the Advancement database, mailing lists and events information including attendees at each event for the purpose of tracking and identification of supporters.

• Collects and analyzes information for writing and compiling formal documents and presentations for the executive level of the university.

• Compiles surveys and statistical data, and prepares reports.

• Prepares agendas and minutes for the various committees.

• Coordinates Social Media strategy for all events.

Alumni Relations Coordinator, Thompson Rivers University June 2017- Present

Builds and develops relationships with Thompson Rivers University alumni, friends and strategic partners. Creates community and opportunities for alumni to grow their professional skills after graduation through professional development events and mentorship opportunities. Responsible for communicating with alumni through monthly newsletter, social media and events.

• Actively engages alumni

• Consult with TRU Faculty and Dean’s to develop Alumni Network events for alumni for their Faculty/School.

• Consult with alumni, businesses and industry professionals to engage them in the Alumni Network Program.

• Plan and actively supports all aspects of local and regional chapter/network events, reunion program development and regional alumni programming.

• Responsible for content development, data support, and maintenance of the alumni webpages, blog, social media platforms and print media targeted to select markets.

• Meet with TRU faculty to determine alumni program needs. Prepares contracts/purchase requisitions for outside agencies, following TRU policy.

• Coordinate facilities, supplies and resources for alumni events on and off campus.

• Work to increase membership and participation in all alumni networks.

• Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, newsletters, email blasts, alumni web pages, social and print media.

• Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website etc.

• Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in alumni networks.

• Supervise work/study employees and provide guidance to alumni volunteers and ambassadors.

• Build positive working relationships with external alumni, businesses, and industry professionals in the planning of Career Mentoring events for students.

• Sits on Employee engagement steering committee and the millennial focus group.

Phys. Ed, Health and Wellness Coordinator, The Centre for Learning@HOME August 2015- June 2017

Developed The Centre for Learning@HOME’s recreation program for the Edmonton Area for the 2015-2017 school years. Developed holistic programming to support Alberta Education curriculum through events and activities. Evaluated programming throughout the year and at the end of each school year. Created the Edmonton Area monthly and annual budgets. Updated recreation program policies, procedures, expectations, and training manual. Developed promotional material for parents and students.

• Planned and coordinated over 80 successful events and activities over 2015 school year.

• Actively applies, creates, develops, and evaluates grant proposals and projects.

• Successfully planned, grew, oversaw, and evaluated annual beginning of year and year end picnics with 300-500 attendees.

• Improved school’s communication media for parents and students.

• Responsible for creating, implementing, and evaluating monthly and annual budgets for Edmonton Area Phys. Ed, Health, and Wellness Program.

• Complete site inspections for potential service providers.

Children and Youth Program Coordinator, Sorrento Centre April- September 2015 (Seasonal)

Managed 20+ summer youth staff and volunteers at family retreat centre. Trained, scheduled, and mentored staff. Created training program for summer youth staff. Developed content for children and youth programming. Created many successful community events for families to participate in. Evaluated programs and provided feedback for following year’s leadership team. Increased staff engagement and productivity through mentoring sessions and community activities.

• Created, implicated and evaluated 2015 children and youth summer program.

• Analyzed and Evaluated Youth Summer Staff policies and procedures manual.

• Created training program for Summer Youth Staff.

• Trained, mentored and evaluated Summer Youth Staff.

Educator, lululemon athletica May 2014-April 2015

Provided leadership to new and existing employees. Analyzed and evaluated floor productivity to increase sales by goal setting, creating challenges, and educating colleagues on new product. Developed shop nights for potential store ambassadors. Participated in and provided feedback for community activities events.

• Developed monthly “Sweat Challenge” to increase staff engagement, community, and increase productivity.

• Developed, implicated, analyzed, and evaluated successful shop nights.

• Provided training for new hires.

• Exceeded monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets through analyzing and evaluation of previous metrics.

Informal Education

AFLCA Exercise Theory, Fit International 2015

A 24 hour course covering basic fitness principles and a variety of activity experiences.

Course topics included:

• Anatomy

• Physiology

• Movement mechanics,

• Training and conditioning

• Nutrition

• Leadership

• Health and fitness

Standard First Aid & CPR- C, When Seconds Count 2015

Comprehensive 14-16 hour course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills. Course topics included:

• Preparing to respond

• The EMS system

• Check, Call, Care

• Airway emergencies

• Breathing and circulation emergencies

• First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest

• Wound care

• Head and spine injuries

• Bone, muscle and joint injuries

• Sudden medical emergencies

• Environmental emergencies

• Poisons

De-Escalating Potentially Violent Situations Training, Crisis and Trauma Resource Institute, (2015)

14- 16 hour training learning to de-escalate potentially violent situations through assertiveness and interpersonal communication.

• Overview of Violence

• Violence Statistics

• Risk Factors

• Anger Escalation Scale

• Anger Cycle

• Styles of Anger

• Potential Aggressor Attributes

• Warning Signs

• The Aggression Defusing Process

• Approaching, Containment and Problem Solving Strategies

• When and How to Disengage

• Special Considerations

• Addressing Enablers of Violence

Hobbies

Weight Training

• Complete weight training 4-6 times a week independently.

• Completed various training programs with a personal trainer, including; weight loss, muscle gain, power lifting and HIIT programming.

• I have developed individualized training programs for myself and friends to suit their fitness goals.

• I have provided industry professionals feedback on their training programs.

Volleyball

• Played at an intermediate plus level with a team once a week.

• Competed in an annual beach volleyball tournament.

• Played at the varsity level in high school.

• Junior club team competed at nationals and won a Silver Medal.

• Developed a program for local youth to learn to play beach volleyball twice a week throughout the summer.

Yoga

Yoga has aided in cultivating a sense of curiosity leading me to ponder the meaning of life. It has helped me think critically about my actions and intentions.

• I have been practicing yoga for over 8 years. I currently practice Ashtanga 6 days a week. In addition to the study of texts, my practice includes learning about:

• Yamas & NiYamas (Attitude towards the environment and ourselves)

• Asana (Physical practice)

• Pranayama (Breathe)

• Pratyahara (Sense withdrawal)

• Dharna (Concentration)

• Dhyana (Meditation)

• Samadhi (Complete integration)

• I have done various workshops to further my practice in Kundalini and Ashtanga yoga. In these workshops I learn about anatomy, philosophy, and history.

• I will be completing my 200 hr Ashtanga yoga teacher training in July 2019.

• I actively study various editions and translations of the Bhagavad Gita and the yoga sutras of Patangali.

• I am interested in the philosophy, history and literature of yoga which has lead me to read the Ramayana and the Mahabharata.

Nutrition

• I am passionate about creating nutritious meals that fuel the body so it can perform at its peak performance.

• I develop individualized nutrition plans for myself and friends based on their fitness goals and dietary needs. Some of these plans include; high protein, low carb, vegan, ketogenic, vegetarian, dairy free, and gluten free options. I often utilize and manipulate macronutrient breakdowns when creating nutrition plans. Nutrition plans included recommended caloric intake, macronutrient breakdowns and potential meal ideas.

• I created a recipe book of my favourite meals with nutritional content included for friends and colleagues to use. The recipe book has adapted some of my favourite recipes from other authors or websites.

Volunteer Work

Front Desk Volunteer, Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern Alberta 2015- 2017

• Public Speaking

• Accept and document monetary and in-kind donations

• Scheduling

• House tours

• Practice hospitality skills

Youth Group Leader, St. Paul’s Cathedral 2012- Present

• Develop annual schedule of programming.

• Organize activities for youth to attend on a bi weekly basis.

• Promote programming.

• Provide leadership and mentorship for youth.

LEAP Facilitator, Sorrento Centre 2016- Present

• Develop, Coordinate and Co-Facilitate two week intensive Leadership, Experience and Adventure Program for youth.

• Develop all content and scheduling for program.

• Mentor and chaperone youth throughout the program.

• Promote program.

• Schedule guest speakers.

• Plan and deliver camping trip and other scheduled activities.

• Provide leadership opportunities for youth throughout program.

• Develop and deliver content for leadership, conflict resolution, and communication workshops.

• Provide detailed report at the end of program including; program details, guest speakers, workshops and activities, budget, feedback and recommendations for next year.

Skills Summary

• 50+ Words per minute typing speed

• Motivational Leader- can successfully train, develop, mentor, and evaluate staff and volunteers

• Success in grant writing, proposals, implementation, and evaluation

• Exceptional oral, verbal, and written communication skills

• Able to implement and teach many successful conflict resolution techniques

• Accurately reflects, depicts, and records monthly and annual budgets

• Data management

• Relationship building

• Extremely motivated self-starter

• Diligent team member

• Outstanding risk management and assessment knowledge

• Event management

• Program development and delivery

• Organizational skills

Other

BCHLA Exchange, South Kamloops Secondary School (2009)

I completed a 10 week exchange to Bremen, Germany while attending South Kamloops Secondary School in grade 10. While in Germany, I attended Gymnasium an der Hamburger Strasse in Bremen. I was immersed in the language and culture. All of my classes were in German. I attended Karate twice a week with my host sister. On spring break I travelled to France, Italy, Switzerland, and the Netherlands to experience more culture. I was also able to visit Germany’s capital, Berlin, where I visited their parliament, remains of the Berlin Wall, and “The Brandenburger Tor”.